Health & Insurance
|Public Health Service and Insurance
· British and other EU citizens are entitled to free medical care on presentation of an E111 form (available from most UK post offices). Emergency treatment is free to all foreign nationals.
· Public Health Facilities are limited (they can become quite crowded) and private clinics are expensive.
· Is strongly advised that visitors take out Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
Be sure that amongst other, it covers activities of “dangerous” nature such us motorcycling and trekking.
· At big towns there is at least one hospital open for emergencies 24 hours
· Also, at big towns, at each area there is at least one pharmacy open 24 hours.
Pharmacies are highly qualified here.
· Always carry a first aid kit
· Police tel.: 100 (Athens, Thessaloniki, Patra, Corfu, Piraeus)
or tel.: 109 (for Athens suburbs)
· Ambulance tel.: 166
· Fire tel.: 199
|Went Live : Mon 26th January 2004|
|Author : Anna|